The United Nations operates about 15 agencies that focus on different areas of human life and their support. One of these is UNESCO (the Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization), which is headquartered in Paris but operates in 204 countries. It is charged with the task of deciding on the protection of particularly important cultural heritage. To date, 12 architectural gems in various parts of our country have been inscribed on UNESCO\’s so-called Czech Cultural Heritage List.
1. Together with Cesky Krumlov, it is the most visited city by foreign tourists. The historic district includes Prague Castle, St. Vitus Cathedral, the Old Town Clock, and St. Nicholas Cathedral in the Small Town Square.
2. The historic district of Cesky Krumlov
The South Bohemian region has many beauties (for example Hlubokar Nad Vltavu Castle) But only two of them are on the list of cultural heritage. The first is the historical district of Cesky Krumlov. It has a beautiful castle, many original stone houses, and sacred buildings.
3. The square of Telč
The center of the highland town consists of arcades and a square with Renaissance-style houses. The town center consists of arcades and a square lined with Renaissance houses. The Gothic castle was rebuilt in the Renaissance style. [The center of the town consists of an arcade and a square lined with Renaissance houses.
5. Lednice-Valtice district
The South Moravian Pearl is a beautiful example of the combination of Baroque and Romantic styles It is a beautiful example of the combination of Baroque and Romantic styles. The center of the complex is a castle with adjacent gardens. These are arranged like an English park. There are several buildings, including the famous minaret.
6. Jewish Quarter and St. Procopius Cathedral in Trebic
7. [33 34] Tugendhat Mansion in Brno
Built in the late 1920s, the mansion is constructed in the functionalist style. The interior of the building preserves many sophisticated mechanisms that represent the best of the technology of the time.
8. Litomysl Castle
B. Renaissance-style castle on the birthplace of Smetana.
9. Holy Trinity Pillar in Olomouc
Plague Column in the capital of Hana, built in the 18th century in Baroque style.
11. The town owes its splendor to silver mining. In nearby Sedlec, there is also the Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
12. Holašovická náves – peasant baroque
Second UNESCO site in South Bohemia. The only purely rural house decorated with a village hall. The facades of the houses are built in the so-called peasant baroque style. The village is situated around a small pond.